Senior Internal Auditor - Corporate
Nature and Scope
Directs, plans, organizes, and conducts financial, operational, and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance audits to provide reasonable assurance to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and management.
Conducts audits of various company departments and locations to verify accuracy of records, compliance of operations with prescribed plans, policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS). Responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Identify, assist, and communicate best practices by fostering appropriate control levels for business, IT, fraud and financial risks.
Summary of Position
· Actively support the company’s culture and business mission by adhering to Company values.
· Work with management to determine the direction and scope of audits and assist in the preparation of planning memorandums and audit programs.
· Develop audit work plans which coincide with the annual audit plan and execute the work plans through hands-on involvement.
· Conduct the opening and closing meetings with the various audit locations. Present recommendations for change that support the goals of the Company and represent sound financial accounting principles.
· Evaluate and documents process, system and control effectiveness through the application of accounting, auditing and business knowledge.
· Assess the overall significance of the control deficiencies identified during the audit. Provide perspective for evaluating the audit deficiencies against evolving industry best practices.
· Tracking audit open items and follow through to ensure issues are resolved timely or escalated as needed.
· Offer constructive analysis and feedback on company policies, procedures, financial and operational data, and system of internal controls. Communicate all significant findings and recommendations to appropriate levels of management as well as to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Coordinate/complete special requests, projects and reports as directed by Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and/or Executive Management.
· Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
· Maintain the confidentiality of audit findings and Company proprietary information.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Internal Audit’s stakeholders.
· Conduct work in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
· Bachelors in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field - Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent certification preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably including internal audit or public accounting experience. Auditing work experience is preferred; however, business/operations experience may be deemed adequate.
· Working knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
· Understanding of both current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principals, 2013 COSO framework, and risk assessment practices.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, good organizational and analytical skills, and project management experience.
· Ability to effectively present information at the executive management and Board level.
· Managerial courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response and to do so in a timely manner with any\all stakeholders.
· Consultative skills – ability to achieve results in a positive way by understanding business needs and offering constructive solutions to compliance.
· Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization.
· Proactive – demonstrated ability and desire to improve individual performance and advance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
· Ability to work in a highly complex environment under general direction as to assignment.
· Ability to solve conflict between differing priorities of various process stakeholders by offering pragmatic solutions to management.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of ethics, integrity and objectivity.
Ability to travel up to 20% as required.
SIFCO Industries, Inc. has a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with an exceptional Company match. SIFCO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
If you have questions about the position, contact Wendy Worthington at email@example.com. However, applications e-mailed to this address cannot be accepted. Applications must be submitted online using the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=sifcoindu1&jobId=33587&lang=en_US&source=CC3